Starts in 5 Months, 5 Days
26 January, 2019 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Creartii, 17 Green Lane, Belper, Derbyshire, UK
0 Number of People Booked On:
Coloured Bullseye glass is made up from a variety of basic chemicals. When glass is combined with one another or with certain metal foils, the chemicals interact and produce special “reactive” effects.
In this workshop you will be able to explore colour and chemical combinations of sulphur and copper rich glass, how they react together, and with silver and copper foils and wires.
Creating your own unique works of glass art.
Supplied in this workshop
– Glass blanks to create 9 sample pieces.
– 3 coaster/ dish blanks.
– Full range of labelled coloured glass, powders and frit.
– Silver foil, copper foil and wires.
– Information sheets relating to chemical reactions and the effects you can achieve.
– Firing and kiln schedule explaining how the reactions can be recreated.
An ideal workshop for those who want to explore the science behind glass art. Creating something totally unique.